downloaded Dec. 23, 2011
Under indirect supervision, operate radiographic equipment using imaging modalities.
Perform general diagnostic radiology procedures in compliance with department
protocols, including fluoroscopy, orthopedics, tomography, C-arms, surgery, and
portables. Evaluate radiographs for technical quality. Exercise professional judgment
in the performance of procedures. Apply principles of radiation protection and provide
patient care essential to radiographic procedures. Recognize patient conditions
requiring immediate action and initiate life support measures.
- Upholds KP's policies & procedures, principles of responsibilities & applicable state,
federal & local laws.
- Customer Service: Is responsive to the needs of others by maintaining a professional
behavior toward members & coworkers.
- Creating a positive image for the department, as demonstrated by willingness to take
the initiative to resolve member issues; handling a high number of member contacts;
dealing w/ customer complaints in a positive way; providing compassionate service;
treating coworkers w/ respect & appreciation; fostering teamwork & positive thinking.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition &
makes accommodations for such differences.
- Demonstrates competence in the operation of radiographic equipment, both mobile &
stationary in various patient care settings.
- Consistently selects correct technical factors relative to the requirements of the study
& the patient's age & body habitus.
- Consistently selects other equipment settings/parameters (e.g., locks on equipment &
tables, tube placement, control panel settings, etc) appropriately.
- Consistently processes radiographic images properly, utilizing automated equipment
- Uses proper sterile technique
- Consistently operates imaging computer properly & in accordance w/ department
protocols (CT, MRI).
- Demonstrates knowledge of, & consistently uses ancillary equipment (e.g., catheters,
guide-wires, etc) properly.
- Demonstrates competence in the positioning of patients for radiographic imaging.
- Routinely positions patients accurately relative to the requirements of the study as
stated in the department protocols.
- Utilizes various immobilizing devices such as sponges & sandbags whenever
necessary to obtain acceptable radiographs and/or electronic images.
- Always takes special care in handling/positioning patients w/ critical injuries or trauma
to avoid further injury.
- Age Specific Criteria: Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the
age group (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) served.
- Able to assess data reflective of the patient's status & interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age
specific needs & to provide the care needed in accordance w/ department policy.
- Adjusts technical factors relative to requirements of the study & physical maturation
of the patient.
- Modifies patient positioning techniques relative to the patient's physical & cognitive
- Always takes special care in handling, positioning and/or restraining infants &
geriatric patients to avoid injury or excessive radiation exposure.
- Never leaves infant, pediatric or disoriented geriatric patient unattended.
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- CRT Fluoroscopy Permit (must be obtained during the probationary period).
- ARRT (must be obtained during the probationary period).
- CPR (BLS-C) (must be obtained during the probationary period).
-Two (2) years experience as a staff technologist
- CRT Mammography certification
- ARRT Mammography qualification
- This is an on call position,work schedule may vary and be adjusted to accommodate
- This position includes rotational assignment on the diagnostic stand-by list
- May required travel for assignment at any location within the San Diego service area
- Vacation and sick call coverage on all shifts and all locations
Kaiser Permanente Radiology
LIST OF WEB SITES THAT
SPECIFICALLY STUDY KAISER
PERMANENTE AND PROVIDE
ADVOCACY AND OFFER
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE
Conahan v. Sebelius and Kaiser
Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
Cases and news
Doctors who cause death
Doctors who go along
with Kaiser tactics
Doctors in charge of
Associate Medical Group Administrator
Carlsbad, California (Greater San Diego Area)
Oversees release of diagnostic images
Director of Radiology
(04/08/2014) Oversees release of diagnostic images
Formerly Director, Imaging Services at Scripps Health
Dana Gascay photo